Follow ze mustahd way.

For people who are interested in Arts & Culture with a short attention span that is longer than most short attention spans.

Sep 20, 2010

Bedroom Therapy

It's taken me long enough, but I've finally gotten around to re-decorating my room.

It was turning into an ugly dump. I won't even show you any before pictures. That's how unnatractive it was. But it's also because I don't have any pictures, anyway.

I'm still in the middle of it all, but I do have a crappy picture of the room colour that I took from my phone to show you guys.
There's the colour. And that green dresser in the corner is the colour of two dominant pieces of furniture in my room, so that gives you an idea of how the wall and furniture look together.

Is it really weird to paint your bedroom a dark colour? Most people seemed to think I was a freak of nature for choosing a dark blue. Well, to hell with light colours! Going bold is so much more fun.

I'm still in the process of it all and probably won't be completely finished for another two weeks or so. I've been looking at Apartment Therapy for ideas. See, I don't live in an apartment, but my room is awfully small, which is why I chose to stick to AT for decor ideas.

Here are some of the images I've picked out for inspiration. Enjoy!

Have you recently re-decorated your room?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

    I just LOVE these inspiration photos. Especially the ones where the walls are filled with frames.

    When I did my bathroom a while back, I covered the walls with framed black and white photography. It seems like it would be really expensive to do, but because I bought the frames at a 99 cent store, cut my own mattes, and put lots of b&w postcards in the frames, it ended up being a pretty affordable transformation. I bought a book of Helmut Newton postcards on eBay for like $7 and had 30 amazing photos to put up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh.... love beds..the most comforting place in the world after ur lovers arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful rooms! Very elegant and grand. I'm moving soon so these would definitely come in handy for redecorating.
    That blue on your wall is a beautiful colour! All the best with remodelling. Could be so much fun, but hassle at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices... these rooms are great!
    I love that site too!

    You've inspired a bit of room therapy

    xx Black Adder Fashion
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1840556/black-adder-fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi!
    my study-time was the greatest bedroom therapy i've ever had:)
    i was a real sleeper!;)
    btw. very nice pics!

    best:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh i'm totally with you on painting the walls dark blue! i think it is a very bold and inspirational color! can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished!

    come participate in my giveaway if you like! :)

    kisses from http://www.sweetfancytreat.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. osh-by-gosh
    your blog is utterly splendid!
    I just thought you need informing!
    keehee x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've always wanted just an enormous white bedroom. good luck with the decorating!
    x

    ReplyDelete